Our projects have focused on:
- providing legal assistance and consultation to individual human rights defenders and disadvantaged communities
- Reached a large and growing viewership and readership through videos, news stories, and commentaries on youtube and Facebook pages: CFDV (154,195 views & 1,116 subscribers, VNCRP (28,000 likes & 42K followers, VAD (8.5K likes and 10K followers)
Through BPSOS’s implementing partner, the People Serving People Foundation, we work with civil society groups to develop their capacity to become self-sufficient.
This includes but is not limited to:
- enabling the participation of historically excluded independent CSOs in regional and global forums on human rights and/or religious freedom;
- creating a safe space for independent CSOs and other international organizations to discuss and advance freedom of religion or belief and other rights;
- offering training on human rights, civil society, and capacity building for independent CSOs and religious communities;
- building partnerships among independent civil society organizations and between them and the international community;
- and supporting independent CSOs in engaging with UN mechanisms and human rights instruments.