Providing Support for Communities Across the United States
Our projects have focused on:
- helping Vietnamese LPRs to access naturalization application assistance services, ESL and EL Civics instruction, navigate the citizenship process, and successfully naturalize.
- working with community partners and deploying DOJ (Department of Justice) accredited representatives and a Naturalization Program Coordinator to promote CIVIC engagement
- empowering community members to take initiative in becoming civically engaged citizens
The goal of the BPSOS Citizenship Initiative for Vietnamese Immigrant Communities (CIVIC) is to provide Vietnamese LPRs (Lawful Permanent Residents) with ESL (English as a Second Language) and EL Civics instruction, assist with naturalization applications (N-400), and equip them with the knowledge of naturalization, affirmative immigration remedies, and immigrant integration related rights through in-language education.
As a result of CIVIC, thousands of Vietnamese LPRs have become naturalized U.S (United States) citizens. Our efforts to assist Vietnamese LPRs have resulted in community engagement.
Our educational curriculum includes high-demand topics:
- navigating the naturalization process;
- VAWA, U-Visa, DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals), T-Visa, and Asylum;
- Know Your Rights;
- Immigration Policy,
- Public Charge Provisions, and
- Family-Based Petitions.